What’s Wrong with Primary Care Today?
Let’s be honest, going to your primary care provider just isn’t what it should be. You may have been told you have high cholesterol 2 or 3 years in a row, and the advice of eating better and getting more exercise is great in theory, but it’s been 2 years! Perhaps you’ve had “borderline” high blood pressure, but you really haven’t addressed it. Maybe you have a strong family history of something, but you’re just putting off seeing someone about it. I could go on and on, but there’s a reason your doctor has not addressed your needs: They don’t have the time, they don’t have a team, and they don’t have an incentive to address your health needs.
Current State of Primary Care:
- You can’t see your primary care provider for 2 weeks or more
- You can’t get a hold of your primary care provider when you need to
- You’re quickly referred to specialty care
- You’re given a pill instead of really getting to the core problem
- You need to book your own specialist appointments and they are even harder to get into so you don’t go
- You go to your yearly physical and get told the same thing with no plan
- You get blood drawn, and get the results the next week
- You feel like a number
- You don’t have an alternative
This is not what healthcare should be like
You need to have the best team of providers (doctors, nurses, and receptionists) to give you the time to get you healthy, help you make your appointments, give you excellent care in a timely fashion, and ultimately, be hassle-free. You need concierge medicine without the concierge prices. You have really expensive insurance, let’s make sure you get what you’re paying for: Excellent healthcare, convenient service (parking, on-line scheduling, in-house labs/x-rays/medications), and affordable care.
Welcome to Innovative Express Care
We have studied the field of primary care, and we are here to disrupt it. We aim to give you something totally different. We are asking you to try us out, and I’ll tell you why:
- First and foremost: The highest quality providers and a team (nurses and receptionists) all poached from the best institutions in Chicago (Northwestern, Rush, Loyola, North Shore, and UIC)
- Small patient panels, so we can give you the attention and time you need (most primary care providers have over 2000 patients in their panel)
- Coordination of care. Seeing specialists can be an awful experience: We will even make your appointments for you
- The ability to contact your provider through our patient portal. We will respond the same day or at least the next business day
- On-site x-ray, on-site labs, a beautiful office, free parking, and the friendliest staff
- Guaranteed same day appointments on weekdays (open 8am-8pm) if requested prior to 6pm or guaranteed next morning appointment if requested after 6pm. Weekend: Guaranteed access from 9am-5pm. We are open 7 days a week
- 24/7 online access to your health records – fully cloud based with no paper
- Personalized medicine – no cookie cutter medical care. We recognize that every person is different and requires different needs
Why are we doing this? For the last 10 years, I have been studying 1) why patients do not go use their primary care provider and 2) What do patients want in their primary care provider? I know this sounds silly, but the cost of care outside the primary care office is actually costing our country billions of dollars every year, so preventing chronic diseases is serious business. After 10 great years at Northwestern University’s Department of Emergency Medicine, it was time to take my research findings and actually start using it to improve healthcare instead of continuing to study it. This is where Innovative Express Care was born. In order to improve healthcare, we had to start with these commitments:
- Our patients will have easy and convenient access to the providers: We are open 7 days a week, you can book online, and have same day or next day appointments
- We will give our patients concierge service without any additional fees
- We will help them through the crazy maze of healthcare: We will book any MRIs or CTs we order and all specialty appointments
- We will follow-up with our patients by phone or email
- We will give our patients online access to all their records
- We will remind patients about their health goals and work with them to achieve these goals
- We will give the best healthcare in a beautiful clinic with free parking
- We will keep our patient panels low to allow us to accomplish the above commitments
That’s our commitment to our patients. We have created a booming and popular urgent care in Lincoln Park, and we will continue to offer premier urgent care, but it is time for me to introduce primary care and to really succeed with my main objective:
Changing the Way Healthcare is Delivered
Come try it out, and if you don’t like it, you do not need to come back because there are no contracts, no fees, and no obligations.
To book an appointment online, click here.