Signs and Symptoms of Sinusitis
Stuffy nose, drainage down the back of your throat and tenderness around your eyes or forehead are the most common signs and symptoms of sinusitis. Sinusitis describes inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are filled with air. When they become blocked and filled with fluid, often cause by a common cold, germs can grow, resulting in a sinus infection.
Signs and symptoms of sinusitis:
- Nasal inflammation
- Thick discharge from the nose, often discolored
- Postnasal drip down the back of the throat
- Nasal obstruction or congestion
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Lack of taste or smell
Sinusitis may also cause:
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Aching in your teeth or jaw
- Bad breath
If you think you may have a sinus infection, call your provider for an appointment. Antibiotics may be necessary to clear your symptoms. Innovative Express Care has a walk-in urgent care and offers same-day appointments with our primary care providers.